Mouthwash is often thought of as the go-to treatment for freshening breath, but it can in some cases be used as a supplemental tool for overcoming oral health obstacles. Listed below are a few important tips to remember:
– Some forms of mouthwash in today’s market contain materials that can help whiten teeth and give your smile a better shine.
– Mouthwash can be used to fight off halitosis disorders, also called bad breath, and stop it from occurring.
– If you are unsure about which mouthwash product will be the perfect fit for your smile, speak with your dentist to find out which product will suit your needs.
– When selecting a mouthwash product, look for the American Dental Association’s ADA Seal of Acceptance given to those products which have been deemed highly effective and safe.
– Mouthwash often has a variety of uses, but some versions can be highly effective at reducing plaque buildup through the use of fluoride, which studies have shown to be capable of strengthening tooth enamel.
Keeping your teeth clean ensures bacteria will not be able to harm you. To schedule a professional cleaning at Edford L. Clark, DMD with Dr. Edford Clark and our team at our dentist office in Prestonburg, Kentucky, simply give us a call at 606-886-4260. We look forward to hearing from you.